If we suspect your child is showing symptoms of coronavirus we will:
- Ask your child, if they are able to do so independently, to sit outside the classroom (exterior, not corridor) with an adult nearby.
- Call you to arrange for your child to go home immediately.
- Ensure a member of staff will put on personal protective equipment before moving your child to our designated quarantine area (first aid room) to wait to be collected. At no point will your child be left alone.
- Move the remaining children out of the class so the room can be thoroughly cleaned and aired before they return to the room.
When you collect:
- We will advise you to take your child for a coronavirus test, all members of your household will be eligible.
- Please inform the school on any outcomes as soon as you are able.
If a child attending school receives a positive test direct support and advice will be given by the local Public Health England health protection team.